our wedding: the recap

After making so many inspiration boards for our wedding (many of which I couldn’t share here because I did such a bad job remembering where I found the photos!), I thought I might as well make a couple out of our own wedding photos. I’m not quite sure why I wanted to do this, other than it was really kind of fun. And since inspiration boards were where the wedding planning all started, it seemed fitting that that’s how I should end it, too.

It is a little bittersweet to be done with our wedding planning. Despite all the tears (oh yes, there were tears) it was a lot of fun and was the biggest project we’ve pulled off yet!

As soon as I finish writing it, I’m going to have a “wedding graduate” post for A Practical Wedding. If there were two things that were most important about our wedding planning, it was that we only spent time and money on things we enjoyed, and practicality was a major priority. I’ll leave it at that for now, and I’ll let you know when my “two cents” are up on APW.

Have a great weekend!

[photos all taken by either harry taylor, amy jones, or myself]

Wedding quick links:

Save the dates

Invitations

Rehearsal dinner invitations

Bridal shower invitations

Programs & direction cards

Guest book

Pew Cards (and here)

Birdseed bags (with template)

Flowers

Dress, jewelry & veil

Getting organized (with download)

Paper & printing

Tearing paper & gocco tips

Our photographer

All wedding posts

23 Responses to “our wedding: the recap”

hannah

May 30, 2009 at 2:25 pm

after following your blog and the updates on your wedding prep..looking at the pics made me feel like crying!

congratulations to you:)

Mom

May 30, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Ahhh!!! I’m sorry it’s over too!! At least we have these incredible photos to enjoy forever! Love you both! Mom

cde

May 30, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I’m in the very early stages, brainstorming, getting a feel for what I would want in a wedding…and I have to say, yours is so beautiful! It looks real and heartfelt yet also very stylish. Thanks for the inspiration, best wishes!

Meg

May 31, 2009 at 2:12 am

I love these boards. Sigh. And I love the happiness. I did not see your original inspiration boards, but somehow I suspect these are better.

{Also, I love that you admitted to tears. Because really. Who doesn’t shed a few?}

Kaylen

May 31, 2009 at 9:29 am

just beautiful. i especially love the birdseed photo. i feel like im reading a magazine. congratulations!

Vancouver Bride

June 1, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I just love the last photo of you and your husband(!!!) on the bottom right with all the rice being thrown! You both look so happy!
Huge congrats again :)

meg manion silliker

June 1, 2009 at 5:26 pm

i enjoyed your wedding photos so much – i felt like i was there. you were [are}a stunningly gorgeous bride with a very handsome groom and i wish you many many years of happiness.

lyndsay

June 1, 2009 at 8:04 pm

congratulations!! found you through vintage glam weddings blog… your wedding looked super magical… yay…! also, your blog is great!

jill b

June 6, 2009 at 7:59 pm

love, love, love it all, Ellie! You’ve got a fan for life. Also because of your cameo on our wedding, the Green Bride Guide spotted it & is doing a piece on us! Thanks again ~ Jill