It was a busy weekend, but I did manage to pick up a few new things for West + Plum… a couple necklaces, a child’s size enamel cup, and some hob nob salt and pepper shakers. I’m about to take a trip to the Boston area, and fingers crossed that I can find some fun vintage things there. If only the warm NC weather would follow me!
UPDATE: You guys sent me some great shops to check out! Thank you! Bridget has compiled a list of Boston thrift stores over on Finding My Kd, and Mint readers Rachel and Caroline sent over these favorites:
• Cafe Society in Brookline (off Rt. 9 or off the Green Line subway (C) at the Brookline Hills stop)
• Artifaktori in Davis Square, Somerville
• Poor Little Rich Girl in Davis Square, Somerville (2 other locations: near Inman Square, Somerville/Cambridge, or in Back Bay, Boston) has some good vintage clothing mixed in with more modern/mainstream consignment
• In Jamaica Plain, Boston, there are several great vinatge shops: “40 South Street” is hit or miss; Boomerang is more thrift but a big chunk of its profits go to HIV/AIDS prevention and services; and more (check out www.yelp.com and put in Jamaica Plain)
• Not vintage but great for a gal with an eye for design, check out a store called Nomad. It’s located between Porter and Harvard Squares in Cambridge (closer to Porter Square).
• Second Time Around (locations throughout the city)
• The Cambridge Antique Market