white tile, black grout

We’re far, far away from the tile-picking stage of our kitchen and bathroom projects. But I’ve been surprised lately at how much I love a backsplash/floor/wall with white tile and black or dark gray grout, so these are definitely going in the inspiration folder!

Images from Bolaget

8 Responses to “white tile, black grout”

Kathleen

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am

Be warned! If you do dark grout on white tile make sure your tile is protected so it doesn’t stain. I learned this the hard way by using black grout on unglazed white tiles in my bathroom. I know pass it off as character but it still hurts my heart a little bit.

Margot

March 4, 2011 at 10:58 am

I’m going through a tile thing too! They were everywhere in Costa Rica, so gorgeous. I esp love the Morrocan style ones too, delish! Your house is going to be so hot!!

morgan

March 4, 2011 at 11:28 am

I am right there with you! We just decided on white penny tiles with black grout for our bathroom and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Brigitta Ryan

March 6, 2011 at 1:34 am

Hi Ellie, Just want you to know that when Im using Chrome, every internal link on your site reloads the homepage. So even though the url says mint…com/date/post title/#cmments it still displays the homepage :(
I had to just over to safari to be able to write this comment! Hope this helps. Brigitta

Mango Furniture

April 26, 2011 at 11:41 am

Just in the process of gathering inspiration for my bathroom makeover and so glad I came across this post. Got some black grout left over from tiling my kitchen floor (real slate tiles) so will definitely try this out in the bathroom.

marion portelli

February 11, 2012 at 8:32 pm

i am using white tiles as my kitchen splashback, all my kitchen cupboards are white and my bench top is white with flicks of grey…..so i am using grey grouting on the white tiles…….hope it turns out great..i love white

Comments with additional links to your website or products beyond the specified link zone will be marked as spam. If you’d like to submit your business/product/blog/giveaway for editorial review, please email me.