Here they are! This was a fun and easy DIY business card project, just in time for my trade show trip. I had some Lettra paper cut down to business card size, then dipped each card into a cup of watered down gold acrylic ink. Tea would have been fun, too. The ink coverage varied depending on how long I left the cards in the water (5-30 seconds) and the angle at which I pulled them out. I let them dry flat and then printed the text on the bottom on a gocco with grey ink.
If I were doing this all over again—and I will, I’m sure—I’d purchase a stamp instead of using the gocco, and would try to figure out a way to line dry the cards instead of laying them flat to dry. Or, find a surface to lay them on that had less texture (I used paper towels) because the fronts are much prettier than the backs! I might also try a thick watercolor paper… one that was relatively smooth so that the small text would print well. I love that each of them are different, and that when they’re stacked they’re kinda wavy.
Today I’m off at the trade shows in New York taking lots and lots of pictures. Can’t wait to show you!