This warm, breezy weather has me cherishing my weekends. On Saturday, I’m looking forward to a home tour in an up-and-coming neighborhood in Durham, full of beautiful old houses in need of TLC (and some really amazing remodels). Our deck and fence building project is coming right along, and maybe this weekend I’ll finish painting the beige trim in our living room (you heard me) a clean bright white. It feels good to be focusing on making our house our home.
Some favorites from the week:
1. Vigarda Barbeque in Stockholm via Emmas Designblogg
2. DIY napkin rings by Laura Parke on Design for Mankind
3. A wall in Cris and Marcelo Rosenbaum’s home on The Selby
4. A tropical fruit salsa parfait (and fancy french toast) on Oh Joy (photo by Michael Graydon, styling by Nikole Herriott)
5. Snug Studio jewelry on Darling Dexter
Weekend Event Picks for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill: Baseball and fireworks tonight // Cleveland-Holloway Home Tour (!), Saturday 10-3 // Time’s running out to see the Calder show at the Nasher (so good) // “Best of the Triangle” party at American Tobacco on Saturday // Modernism at Risk: Moderns Solutions for Saving Modern Landmarks exhibit at AIA in Raleigh // Outdoor concert with AfroCubism (a collaboration between musicians from Mali and Cuba) at the NC Museum of Art Sunday night // Battle of the Groovy Movie Film Series // Triangle Restaurant Week ends on Sunday, with restaurants offering a special fixed price, 3-course meal each day // Faves for every weekend: the Durham Farmer’s Market and the Raleigh Flea Market
Have a good weekend!