BIBLIOCraft, like library science, is not for the faint of heart. Author Jessica Pigza is an Assistant Curator in the rare book division of the New York Public Library, and her new book is full of specific and technical information to help modern crafters find inspiration at the library. Pigza includes resources to help crafters locate specialty research and digital libraries, as well as some basic information on navigating and maximizing your library experience.
BIBLIOCraft also includes over 20 projects from designers who were inspired by prints, typefaces and historical illustrations found through the library system. From illuminated manuscripts to soil profiles, rhumb lines to heraldry, BIBLIOCraft reminds crafters and designers that inspiration can be found in unlikely places, but the library is a great place to start.
Today we are giving away one copy to a lucky reader!
You could win your own copy of BIBLIOCraft by:
1. Leaving a comment on this post
2. Following Abrams on Twitter and leaving an additional comment letting us know you did so (or, that you already do!)
3. Following Mint on Pinterest and leaving an additional comment letting us know you did so (or, that you already do!)
That means you can enter up to three times.
The giveaway will end at midnight EST on Tuesday, April 22nd. A winner will be randomly chosen and announced afterward. PLEASE NOTE: WINNER MUST HAVE A US-BASED ADDRESS. Some comments need to be approved before showing up on the site. Don’t worry, it’s not lost!
You can also purchase a copy here!
Photos by Melanie Falick Books. Special thanks to Abrams Books for the review & giveaway copies.
Congrats Nikki (#131) for winning the Amee Farm Lodge giveaway! (We had several Nikkis enter, and if you are the winner you’ll have an email from me in your inbox!)
Nikki was randomly chosen among all the entrants and will spend a weekend in beautiful Vermont. Congrats! Thanks to all who entered, and to Amme Farm Lodge for sponsoring.
This has to be the best giveaway we’ve ever hosted on Mint, and I’m so excited to offer it to you, along with the very generous Amee Farm Lodge.
The giveaway is for a relaxing 2 night stay at Amee Farm Lodge in Vermont with breakfast each morning, a welcome social with light fare, a venue tour with the owners, an amazing farm-to-table dinner, and a range of activities from yoga to snowshoeing to cheese-making. Go, relax, unplug, and just “be.”
Pittsfield, Vermont is a true New England small town with an abundance of activities, energetic or otherwise. Many folks go to Pittsfield to seek out old-fashioned country quiet, savoring the chance to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature, to visit with the farm animals across the road, or to stroll through the village green with a latte from their quintessential Vermont general store.
For those thinking of hosting a farm wedding, this would be the perfect opportunity to visit Amee Farm Lodge and learn more. What a beautiful venue! (And bonus: a pre-wedding getaway for you and your sweetheart.) You could have a three-day celebration, including a rehearsal dinner with fresh foods grown at the farm, a beautiful outdoor ceremony, reception, and farewell brunch, each in a different location on the property. (more info right here)
The details (a $600 value):
• 2 night stay based on availability
• deluxe continental breakfast each morning of your stay
• gift certificate for lunch to Original General Store
• welcome basket/bag from Riverside Farm
Possible activities during your visit include:
• 30+ miles of hiking and biking on the Green Mountain Trails
• yoga classes • show-showing right outside the back door
• skiing at Killington and Pico
• tubing on the Tweed River
• golfing on the Green Mountain National Golf Course
• kayaking and fishing at Kent Pond • on-site massages
• live music & great restaurants in Killington
• and of course, just relaxing by the fire or on the porch at the lodge
Winner is responsible for travel arrangements and costs.
How you can enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post (be sure to leave your email address in the form!)
2. Like Amee Farm Lodge on facebook, share a link to this giveaway with your friends, and leave an additional comment letting us know you did so.
3. Share a link to this giveaway with your twitter followers, and leave an additional comment letting us know you did so (along with your username).
That means you can enter the giveaway up to three times.
The giveaway will end at midnight on Friday, November 29th and a winner will be announced on Monday, December 2nd.
Please note: your comment may need to be approved before it shows up on the site. Don’t worry, it’s not lost!
Congrats to Mandi H. who won the Artfully Walls print giveaway! If you did not win this time, the prints from the giveaway, as well as many other beautiful choices, are available right here. Thanks to Artfully Walls for sponsoring!
Artfully Walls is a new online art shop that showcases pieces on styled gallery walls with the goal of providing a fun, chic and affordable art shopping experience. I found lots of beautiful artwork on their site, and loved the idea of picking an assortment to create your own gallery wall. To save your favorites, you can set up an account and “heart” the ones you like, which makes it easy to pick a set. Their mobile app lets you view art to scale on your own wall before purchasing.
I picked three of my favorites for you! Shown above are Voyage by Eva Magill-Oliver, Painted Pebbles by Garima Dhawan, and Navy Geo by Britt Turner.
You could win this set of three prints (two 11×14″ and one 10×12″, unframed) by:
1. Leaving a comment on this post
2. Following Artfully Walls on Facebook and leaving an additional comment letting us know you did so (or, that you already do!)
3. Following Mint on Facebook and leaving an additional comment letting us know you did so (or, that you already do!)
The giveaway will end at midnight EST on Friday, November 8th. A winner will be randomly chosen and announced on Monday, November 11th. PLEASE NOTE: WINNER MUST HAVE A US-BASED ADDRESS.
P.S. Some comments need to be approved before showing up on the site. Don’t worry, it’s not lost!