It’s Friday! Five favorites:
1. bleach pen DIY tshirt from Oana Befort
2. is was and will be necklace
3. a great font via dwl
4. a diy polka dot coverlet by say yes to hoboken via jackie robinson
5. great colors in this diy skirt via oh, hello friend
Have a great weekend!
A sweet teardrop necklace dipped in gold, from Little Projectiles (also, check out their leather necklaces!).
Favorites for this week:
1. Kate Miss necklace
2. Hunter’s Chicken Stew from What’s for Lunch, Honey?
3. Business cards by Two Arms via Design Work Life
4. Linda and Harriett’s large 2013 quilt calendar (with beautiful print keepsakes)
5. Gemstone place cards on Ruffled, photo by Love is a Big Deal
Weekend events for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill: Early voting ends tomorrow! Do it! // At the moment, Manbites Dog has tickets left for tonight’s and Saturday night’s late night show of The Paper Hat Game. “Dreamlike video, gritty soundscapes, and live puppetry create a mesmerizing journey into the soul of a city.” It’s been getting great reviews. // A double feature about spies, secret agents, and government cover-ups tonight at The Carolina Theater 7pm // Future Islands tonight at Lincoln Theatre // Erykah Badu DJing tonight at Five Star Restaurant // The Pinhook 4 year anniversary party tonight // Saturday and Sunday in Durham, South Asian and Indian film festival // Saturday, the Ackland celebrates Bunka no Hi (Culture Day), a national holiday in Japan. Workshops, events, DIY activities. Also at The Ackland on Saturday, a screen printing class for 6-9 year olds // Saturday night downtown Durham tapas crawl // Dia de los Muertos Celebration 6-9pm at SEEDS // Matisse at the Nasher, opening Sunday // Daylight Savings ends on Sunday. Tear.
Have a good weekend!
Love the DIY projects by Penelope & Pip… particularly the color blocked coasters and gold leaf triangle necklace, above, written for Poppytalk.
Favorites from this week:
1. Great packaging pinned. by candlemomo (for her soap shop)
2. DIY journal
3. prickly pear pull-apart bread pudding on scarletta bakes
4. little foxes by mount royal mint found via fellow fellow
5. alyson brown does it again with her amazing jewelry finds. this one by melissa joy manning from creatures of comfort.
Weekend Event Picks for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill: Tonight is Third Friday in Durham // Head to Hillsborough on Saturday for the Fresh Roots Festival, which includes local food, live music and a handmade parade // Howl-O-Ween Dog Walk & tour of Duke Gardens Saturday 9am [PDF] // Bring your broken lamp & learn to fix or upcycle it with Recyclique, Saturday 2-4 // Poetry readings and panel discussions at the West End Poetry Fest on Saturday from noon to 9pm // Support Scrap Exchange by enjoying some tasty libations at Brew Durham Homebrew Festival on Saturday // Durhamites unite for 27 Views of Durham: The Bull City in Prose and Poetry, a free event on Sunday afternoon // This weekend only, visit How to Build a Forest, a performance art installation by PearlDamour and visual artist Shawn Hall // Closing weekend of the NC State Fair in Raleigh // Exercise your right to vote! Early voting is now open; visit your county board of elections site for times and locations.
Have a great weekend!