Inspring me this week:
1. Ingvild & Olaf’s home (with that pretty blue wall) on Space for Inspiration via Sköna Hem
2. paintings by Michelle Armas via Let it Be
3. Anastasia Marie’s simple packaging
4. little welcome booklets on Lover.ly from Elizabeth Messina and Gigi Press
5. SF Girl by Bay’s dining room
Stuff to do in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill this weekend: Cocoa Cinnamon opens officially next week, but they are also open until 10pm tonight and from 9am-8pm tomorrow // Aesop’s Fables performed at the Arts Center on Saturday // Home Movie Day at the Center for Documentary Studies, in which your 8mm, Super8mm or 16mm films will be projected // “Dinosaur Saints & Humble Robots,” a magic puppet bus tour // Strange Beauty Film Festival // Food Truck Rodeo on Sunday // it’s Triangle Restaurant Week
Have a good weekend!
A bright & sunny “take five” for you this week! Here are some favorite links for your weekend:
1. garland made by fellow fellow
2. wrapping paper made by hello sandwich
3. clutches made by basik via designlovefest
4. a cake on style me pretty
4. business cards made by eva black
Stuff to do in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill this weekend: Check out Liberty Arts “Making it Happen” tonight, for artist demos of welding, glass blowing and the like // Third Friday at Goldenbelt (come visit me in studio 129 from 7-8pm)// Performances, presentations and service opportunities all weekend, hosted by the Town of Cary for their MLK Jr Dreamfest Celebration // J.C. Raulston Arboretum is offering terrarium making for kids ($25) on Saturday in Raleigh, 10:30-12 // Dance inspired by “Where the Wild Things Are” from Studio A DanceArts on Saturday in Chapel Hill ($8) // Break out your dictionary for the Charity Scrabble Tournament in Durham, benefiting the Duke Pediatric Blood & Bone Marrow Transplantation Family Support Program // Thought-controlled wearable robots! Run for the hills, or come see them demo’d at the NC Museum of Natural Science Saturday night // 28th Annual MLK Jr Memorial Banquet at UNC’s Friday Center on Sunday at 6pm // Last weekend to check out Word Up: The Intersection of Text & Image at the NC Museum of Art
1. braided cinnamon wreath on totally love it via Nole Garey
2. Polka dot mobile from Puka Puka via Bloesem
3. black & white Christmas on Papermash
4. a Japanese postcard spotted on Karen Barbe
5. Alyssa Pheobus via Design for Mankind
Stuff to do around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill this weekend: TODAY ONLY until 9pm: UNC student print sale. A great way to finish up your holiday shopping! / It’s First Friday in Raleigh / Lost in the Trees on Friday / Chatham artist studio tours this weekend / American art from the 1930s through 1950s, exhibition and print sale at Adam Cave / a talk on mental health issues and sexual identity in teen girls on Saturday / Get your ticket on Sunday for pop-up restaurant Hakanai (open for 3 days only in February)
Have a good weekend!
P.S. This weekend’s 24 Merry Days Giveaways are on Hank and Hunt from Gretel Home for a Sagaform teapot + small matching jar (today), on Funkytime for a Petite Cherie camera strap and Washi tape set from Bloom Theory and Wishy Washi tape (Saturday), and on Happiness is for a Queen duvet & shams from Crane & Canopy (Sunday).
1. a beautiful office (with no source, boo.)
2. a beautifully decorated cake by Pick Yin Chang (who has a food blog here) via minna so
3. Quill & Fox holiday recipe cards via Discover Paper
4. Ayako Taniyama illustration via Unruly Things
5. Banana soy muffins on Cook Republic
STUFF TO DO IN RALEIGH/DURHAM/CHAPEL HILL: There’s still time to sign up for “Fashion a Better World” tonight in Chapel Hill, featuring women entrepreneurs in North Carolina focused on sustainable fashion // This weekend is Print Dialog Days at UNC, with free printmaking demos, panels, and workshops. // Tonight is Third Friday in Durham! Golden Belt artists have 12×12 work for sale ($50-200) to benefit KidZNotes. // Durham Art Walk Holiday Market // Homebrew for Hunger Beer Festival on Saturday // American Indian Heritage Celebration on Saturday with traditional and contemporary artists, hands-on workshops, craft activities. // Carrboro Film Festival on Sunday // free family day at the Nasher on Sunday
Have a great weekend!
Favorites for this week:
1. Kate Miss necklace
2. Hunter’s Chicken Stew from What’s for Lunch, Honey?
3. Business cards by Two Arms via Design Work Life
4. Linda and Harriett’s large 2013 quilt calendar (with beautiful print keepsakes)
5. Gemstone place cards on Ruffled, photo by Love is a Big Deal
Weekend events for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill: Early voting ends tomorrow! Do it! // At the moment, Manbites Dog has tickets left for tonight’s and Saturday night’s late night show of The Paper Hat Game. “Dreamlike video, gritty soundscapes, and live puppetry create a mesmerizing journey into the soul of a city.” It’s been getting great reviews. // A double feature about spies, secret agents, and government cover-ups tonight at The Carolina Theater 7pm // Future Islands tonight at Lincoln Theatre // Erykah Badu DJing tonight at Five Star Restaurant // The Pinhook 4 year anniversary party tonight // Saturday and Sunday in Durham, South Asian and Indian film festival // Saturday, the Ackland celebrates Bunka no Hi (Culture Day), a national holiday in Japan. Workshops, events, DIY activities. Also at The Ackland on Saturday, a screen printing class for 6-9 year olds // Saturday night downtown Durham tapas crawl // Dia de los Muertos Celebration 6-9pm at SEEDS // Matisse at the Nasher, opening Sunday // Daylight Savings ends on Sunday. Tear.
Have a good weekend!