jag nagra’s alice in wonderland invitations

Remember those Alice in Wonderland themed invitations from last month? Designer Jag Nagra recently finished the other invitations from the 3-piece set. She explained about the paper goods:

I’ve sent out 3 pieces of mail leading up to the event (which will be held on Sunday, June 6).  First we had the “You are cordially invited” set that went out.  No specific event details were given at that point. A few weeks later, the 11″x 17″ “Calling Card” was mailed to each guest in a mailing tube (return address from Wonderland, of course).  On the bottom of the poster was the riddle, “Why is the Raven like a Writing Desk?” and each person was given a specific time for when they’d be phoned and asked for their answer to the riddle. Next, “Drink Me” glass bottles were hand delivered to each guests’ front door, and the specific event details were rolled up and placed inside the bottles. (see the whole set here).

I can’t wait to see photos from the event!

10 Responses to “jag nagra’s alice in wonderland invitations”

Jacquie

May 31, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I LOVE THIS! thanks for this post. perfect.

I feel the best part about it is the fact it doesn’t scream alice in wonderland…

Sara Gray

May 31, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Beautiful! I can’t get enough of these. The typography is beautiful and yes, like Jacquie said, it doesn’t scream “Alice in Wonderland.”

Kathleen

June 1, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I love this color combo. The whole suite is so clever and cute without being over the top with the Alice in Wonderland theme.

chloee

June 5, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I am a little confused about what exactly all the other cards are for. I love this set though it’s brilliant and beautiful.

Contractor

March 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Well said. I never thought I would agree with this opinion, but it appears that I’m starting to see things from a different point of view. I have to study more on this as it seems very interesting. One thing I don’t understand though is how everything is related together.

Jag

April 2, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Thanks everyone!

Chloee and Contractor, the point of all the pieces in this set was to play a little game with the guests before the actual tea party. These invitations (using quotes from Alice in Wonderland) were sent out at different times to get the guests involved.

The initial set was used to simply inform them about the tea party. Next, they were given the calling card with a riddle. Once the riddle was solved, they were given information on when to expect further details. And finally, the Drink Me bottles were delivered with the specific party date and time.

Still doesn’t make sense? It’s WONDERLAND..it doesn’t have to make sense! :)

Tashi

March 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I love this design! I especially love the font. Its not overly Alice in Wonderland and its classy. Could you by any chance tell me what font it is?