this week’s recipe: cold soups

Normally I’m not a huge cold soup fan, but the other day my friend whipped up the most delicious cold soup in a blender… leftover roasted squash, vegetable broth, and some herbs. And since temperatures in NC are going to reach the upper 90s this week, something cold for dinner sounds very appealing. Here are a few cold soup recipes from favorite food bloggers.

Clockwise from top left: Gazpacho by La Tartine Gourmande, Honeydew, Mint, and Lemon Thyme Soup by Cannelle et Vanille, Chilled Corn and Golden Beet Soup by No Recipes, and Lemon Cucumber and Fresh Pea Soup by Tartelette.

7 Responses to “this week’s recipe: cold soups”

Masha

May 31, 2011 at 10:44 am

These look delicious! You should try plain yoghurt with diced cucumber and chopped dill, sprinkled with olive oil. You could even put some ice cubes inside. It’s a traditional Bulgarian cold soup.

Mallory

June 1, 2011 at 3:23 am

I’ve actually never had cold soup… unless you count waiting for your ice cream to melt THEN eating it, haha. I’ll need to try one of these!

Katie

June 1, 2011 at 7:21 am

Soup ain’t soup unless it’s warm and consumed on a cold, dreary day but you might have swayed me in favour of summertime cold soups! They look so good! And pretty!

Jen

June 3, 2011 at 1:07 am

I love cold soups! When I traveled to Spain I tried gazpacho for the first time and can’t get enough. Thanks for sharing :)

Gloria

June 3, 2011 at 1:20 am

Every time I see a Gazpacho recipe that includes onion, I cringe. Raw onions only contribute water and aggressiveness. In the southwest of Spain, where this recipe was born, you will never see onions anywhere near the gazpacho (you’ll never see tarragon or chili flakes, for that matter, but these ingredients are not nearly as offensive)

Borja

June 7, 2011 at 11:53 am

The recipe is not bad, but Spanish Gazpacho have breed and 1/2 water cup. Is very dificult for you to cook a good gazpacho. But send me an email if you want to know the best recipe of “gazpacho español”

Saludos! Y tienes un blog fantástico. Enhorabuena.

Comments with additional links to your website or products beyond the specified link zone will be marked as spam. If you’d like to submit your business/product/blog/giveaway for editorial review, please email me.